Theories and Politics of Sexuality Minor (TAPS)
The minor in Theories and Politics of Sexuality requires 18 hours of approved coursework at the 3000-level or above, including a 3-hour core course, WST 3930 Sexualities Studies. The remaining 15 hours must be drawn from the Women's Studies "T"-designated approved electives. No more than 3 hours of independent study or internship will count toward the minor. All courses must be passed with a grade of "C" or better. Six transfer credits may be applied. Nine credits may count toward both the minor and a major in another program.
Use the TPS Minor Progress to Degree Worksheet to plan your movement through the minor. Courses offered in the TAPS minor change each semester; students should consult the CWSGR "courses" page to determine what classes are on the schedule. Some of the courses regularly offered include:
- AML 4282 Studies of American Genders and Sexualities in American Literature and Culture
- ANT 3302 Sex Roles: A Cross-Cultural Perspective
- ANT 4366 Family, Gender, and Population in China
- AMH 4312 History of Sexualities
- EUH 4145 Human Nature and Gender, 1350-1650
- EUH 4610 Society and the Sexes in Modern Europe, 18th Century- Present
- HIS 3467 Science, Sex, and Race
- REL 4219 Gender and Genesis
- SYO 4808 Reproduction and Gender
- SYD 4820 Men and Masculinities
- SYP 4060 Sociology of Human Sexuality WST 4930 Gender and Genesis
- WST 4641 Lesbian and Gay Studies
Please complete the official application to "Add a Minor" form which is available in the Registrar's Forms Page. If you are currently a Liberal Arts major, complete the f orm and return it to Acadmic Advising Center (AAC). If you are in another college, please have your college advisor sign the form and then return it to AAC.